Pat’s Ferris wheel blast -When Hitch took his daughter Patricia to an amusement park, he made a deal of paying $100 if Pat would ride the Ferris wheel. While Pat was on the ride, the lights turned off and the operators ‘walked away’. It turns out that this whole scene was a prank by her father. -‘I would describe Hitchcock as the ideal English Gentleman. Every day he came to the set in a suit and a tie. I never once saw him take his jacket off or loosen his tie. -‘I have this image in my mind of Alfred Hitchcock putting together a gigantic jigsaw puzzle and knowing where each piece goes. There wasn’t anything he didn’t understand about making film. His camera was always exactly where it should be. He was an intuitive genius.' -‘Someday there will be three dimensional wall video screens, and Dial M for Murder will come into its own. But at the time I was making that picture, I worried that 3-D might be a fad that would fade an the Dial M would go out as a ‘flattie.' -Actors didn’t always like Hitch. Some said he didn’t give enough directions, let alone what he wanted on screen. On the other hand, actors felt it a great experience and challenge for their acting skills; it enhances their performance.
-Hitch describes himself as a very luck man. “I’m a very lucky man. I began very early doing the thing I wanted to do. And I was able to continue doing it. I met the perfect companion for my life. WE had the perfect child, out daughter, Pat. I wouldn’t change anything about my life, except that it has to end.”
-The movie titled The Short Night is a film Hitch wanted to make for almost ten years. With the help of Universal Company, Alfred was able to do this as his last film for the company.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment