May 1964, Alfred was invited to the University in Belgrade. There he had a speech his filmmaking carer and was interview by students who were passionate about this topic.
-One of the question was ‘you are fascinated by mystery and suspense, you treat fear. How did you become so interested in these themes?’ -Petric,
Reply- ‘that’s a very interesting question. I’ve never told this to anyone before, but I don know exactly. It happened when I was in my cradle. p.183 ‘I was lying there, too small to move, and over me was the huge face of one of my father’s sisters. My aunt was bent over the cradle, and her big face was moving closer and closer, getting bigger and bigger as it came towards me. Suddenly, this huge face was making horrible sounds, ‘B-bibble, B-bibble, B-bibble,’ as she ran her fingers over her lips’
Hitchcock did use the close up effect to create intense emotion. From then on, whenever Petric saw this type of shot, he pictured his interview with Hitch.
-Because Alfred had been alive during the time of World War 2, he wanted to contribute to the war effort. He shot the movie bon voyage reminding people of the sacrifices and violence of war.
Hitch said he would have been a criminal lawyer if he didn’t take directing as his career. ‘I have always been interested in the law as well as in food, you might say, torts and tortes.’ He added, ‘I would like to have been a hangin’judge.’p. 205
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment