At the premier for the film Catch that Thief starring Cary Grant, Alfred and Alma were presented to Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip at the Tenth Royal Film Performance at the Odeon Theatre in Leicester Square. Alma and Hitch didn’t have the same sense of humour. ‘I had to curb his sense of humour.’-Alma ‘Romantic obsession has always obsessed me,’ ‘Obsessions of all kinds are interesting, but for me, romantic obsessions is the most fascinating.’ ‘Beginning when I was twelve or thirteen, my father took me shopping for my clothes, usually without my mother and his leading ladies. I can’t say I agreed with all of his selections for me. His taste for me was conservative. He had a tailored point of view, which I wasn’t too mad about at the time. Skirts, blouses, and sweaters. He liked slacks, too, very much. I wasn’t totally thrilled, but I wish I had all of those clothes now,. He had a wonderful sense of what would look best on me, of what was appropriate to my personality and comfortable.’
Lew Wasserman was a long time friend of Hitch. He was his long-time agent and head of MCA. He made a deal with Hitch; giving him a major share of the company Universal in exchange for Hitch’s television series and his movie psycho.
-His first project at Universal was a film titled Birds.
-April 29, 1974-Film society of Lincoln centre honoured Alfred Hitchcock.
-Alfred loved smoking cigars. ‘Mr. Hitchcock loved to smoke those handsome Monte Cristos. They looked like torpedoes. Beautiful. He knew I like cigars then, and he gave me six boxes of the.’
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment